Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Somethings I want to remember

The other morning I was getting ready to leave for work and Bridget was talking in her room.  I really wanted her to continue to sleep, so I peeked into her room and realized she was still asleep.  She was tossing and turning having a nightmare saying, "No!  No!  Mine!  Mine!  Mine!"  That must be a common toddler nightmare!

Bridget is now understanding Santa Claus, more than just recognizing him.  She seems to understand that the guy in the red suit will come to her house with presents.  The other morning Matt was taking her to school and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" was on the radio, and Bridget said in the back seat excitedly, "Sanza's Coming!  Sanza's Coming!"  Later that afternoon I picked her up and we were talking about her day and she randomly blurted out, "Sanza's Coming!"  I told her yes and if she wanted she could see Santa at the mall when we go shopping this weekend.  She thought that was great.  So I thought I would push it a step further.  I said, "Bridget, if you want you can even sit on Santa's lap."  She said, "Oh, Yes!"  Then it set in and she said, "No sit Sanza's lap.  No sit Sanza's lap."

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Dan's starting to understand the Santa concept as well--except he calls him "Santa Closet."

The Georgers said...

Too funny!

Maribeth said...

Next year she will march right up to him and tell him about 10 things she wants!!